This is the method most people will be familiar with already. It involves a thin covering of warm wax being applied to the area with a wooden spatula, followed by a muslin or paper strip being pressed over it and pulled off very fast to remove the hairs by the root. It can be used on all areas of the body and is a very quick effective procedure. There will be some skin reactions after waxing and we have listed some of them and after care instructions below.
Hot/Non strip Waxing
This is a little different to warm waxing as there is no fabric or paper strip used to remove the wax from the body.
The wax is applied a little thicker, and in smaller patches, left to set slightly and then removed by flicking up the edge and pulling the wax, itself, off.
An advantage of this type of waxing is that it can be more gentle on sensitive areas such as bikini and face, with less skin reaction on sensitive skin.
DO expect some skin reaction from waxing, such as:
- Slight swelling
- Redness in the area
- Tiny red spots around the follicle
- Blood spots
- These may be present for up to 24/48 hours
Please follow the PRE waxing advice:
- Prior to a treatment we advise that no moisturisers should be used on the areas of the body to be treated for at least 12 hours beforehand as moisturisers will prevent the wax sticking to the hairs and may result in hairs being left behind.
- Do not swim or take vigorous exercise a few hours prior a treatment
- Avoid all heat treatments for 24 hours prior to a treatment ie. Sunbeds,
- If you are sunburnt DO NOT ask for a wax treatment in this area, you will be politely declined
- Avoid using a loofah or body mitts for at least 24 hours prior to a treatment on the areas to be treated as this will make the skin more sensitive.
- Avoid a very hot bath or shower a few hours prior to a treatment.
DO follow these few after waxing rules for 24-48 hrs OR until the redness has disappeared:
- Avoid a HOT bath or shower
- Avoid swimming
- Avoid all heat treatments i.e. sun bed, sauna etc
- Avoid exercise
- Avoid wearing tight clothing around the treated area
- Avoid any perfumed products or make up on the area
- Always ensure you are exfoliating and moisturising the areas in between treatments.
- Use the recommended after care lotion at home in between treatments