Strip Wax Hot Wax
Full Leg £25.00
3/4 Leg £21.00
1/2 Leg £18.00
Underarms £10.00 £13.00
Eyebrows £10.00 £12.00
Lip Or Chin £7.00 £9.00
Lip & Chin £12.00 £16.00
Sides of Face £7.00 £9.00
Nostrils OR Earlobes £5.00
1/2 Back £15.00
Full Back £23.00
Bikini Line Waxing
Hollywood £25.00 £30.00
Brazilian £23.00 £28.00
LA Strip £18.00 £21.00
English £12.00 £15.00
Waxing – sounds easy… doesn’t it! Many people will be all too familiar with the home wax kits now available, although some people do master the art very well; we often see those that have had a rather unpleasant experience!
“It took me 2 hours to take off 1 strip and then I had to try and soak off the rest of the wax in the bath!”
“Putting it on was easy…then I couldn’t bring myself to pull it off!”
Sound familiar? That’s when you need to pay Absolute Beauty a visit!
This is the method most people will be familiar with already. It involves a thin covering of warm wax being applied to the area with a wooden spatula, followed by a muslin or paper strip being pressed over it and pulled off very fast to remove the hairs by the root. It can be used on all areas of the body and is a very quick effective procedure. There will be some skin reactions after waxing and we have listed some of them and after care instructions below.
Hot/Non strip Waxing
This is a little different to warm waxing as there is no fabric or paper strip used to remove the wax from the body.
The wax is applied a little thicker, and in smaller patches, left to set slightly and then removed by flicking up the edge and pulling the wax, itself, off.
An advantage of this type of waxing is that it can be more gentle on sensitive areas such as bikini and face, with less skin reaction on sensitive skin.
DO expect some skin reaction from waxing, such as:
- Slight swelling
- Redness in the area
- Tiny red spots around the follicle
- Blood spots
- These may be present for up to 24/48 hours
Please follow the PRE waxing advice:
- Prior to a treatment we advise that no moisturisers should be used on the areas of the body to be treated for at least 12 hours beforehand as moisturisers will prevent the wax sticking to the hairs and may result in hairs being left behind.
- Do not swim or take vigorous exercise a few hours prior a treatment
- Avoid all heat treatments for 24 hours prior to a treatment ie. Sunbeds,
- If you are sunburnt DO NOT ask for a wax treatment in this area, you will be politely declined
- Avoid using a loofah or body mitts for at least 24 hours prior to a treatment on the areas to be treated as this will make the skin more sensitive.
- Avoid a very hot bath or shower a few hours prior to a treatment.
DO follow these few after waxing rules for 24-48 hrs OR until the redness has disappeared:
- Avoid a HOT bath or shower
- Avoid swimming
- Avoid all heat treatments i.e. sun bed, sauna etc
- Avoid exercise
- Avoid wearing tight clothing around the treated area
- Avoid any perfumed products or make up on the area
- Always ensure you are exfoliating and moisturising the areas in between treatments.
- Use the recommended after care lotion at home in between treatments
Some false myths explained:
- “Waxing is painful” – it is more uncomfortable on the first treatment as you are not used to it. Although the more times you wax the less uncomfortable it becomes as the hairs become finer and weaker.
- “If you wax the hairs will grow back thicker and stronger” – FALSE – as waxing pulls the hair from the root, the new hair will have the fine tapered end, therefore, appearing finer than a shaved hair that will remove this tapered end and leave the thicker middle section on view.
- “You have to grow your hairs REALLY long before you can wax” – It is true to say that you need some hair growth before you wax, and we always recommend roughly 3 weeks growth before your 1st ever wax to ensure all your hairs have grown through. But as you get in the routine of waxing, most clients will pre book for every 4-6 weeks and the hairs, although maybe 1/2cm long are not coarse or stubbly as they would be with shaving, therefore, less visible.
- “Waxing encourages ingrown hairs” – Some people are more prone to ingrown hairs than others and will experience them whether waxing, sugaring or shaving. If you are exfoliating and moisturising thoroughly in between treatments then this reduces the chances of having in grown hairs. Products are available for those with a persistent problem.