After taking the American Market by storm and collecting a whole host of celebrity fans on the way, Xen-Tan finally arrived in the UK. Developed to overcome all the traditional problems associated with fake tans, this complete collection is the first to make sunless-tanning a pleasure.
Ardent self-tanners founded XEN-TAN (who were simply fed up with bad odours, orange skin and far too much mess) therefore, these products deliver the most natural instant colour and a great scent from start to finish.
It has olive-undertones, so it won’t turn you orange, it waves goodbye to patchy ankles and elbows and doesn’t streak, it develops in 3 hrs, and dries immediately so you can put it on, on your way out of the house (no more hiding away or staining the bed sheets), it smells delicious, and it provides the most convincing olive tan possible.
The key to a sunless tan that doesn’t look fake is the undertone. Fake tans don’t look fake if you get a colour that works on all skin tones. XEN-TAN has a more olive undertone so no matter what your skin tone you look like you’ve tanned on a beach not rubbed an orange peel on your skin, after you have applied XEN-TAN.
The Premium moisturisers in the tanner allow for the easiest application as it blends completely effortlessly on the skin and with the instant colour you can see exactly where you are applying it, so you won’t miss a spot which in turn will eliminate
Preparation before you come to the salon for your Xen-Tan application
- Shower using the Xen-Tan body scrub.
- Be careful, with regards to the products you use to clean & exfoliate the skin, as some products can leave behind a film of oil or lotion, which can act as a barrier to the tanning ingredient.
- Do not apply moisturisers prior to the application of tan - it will dilute and diminish the affect of the self-tanner.
Extra hints & tips for the perfect tan:
- All self-tanners wear more quickly off the face, throat, feet and hands because the skin is thinner here and it naturally exfoliates much faster. Tan on the face, throat, feet and hands should be reapplied about every 2-3days. Most people can apply a Xen-Tan dark tanning product once a week and then their Transform Cream once a week to deepen the colour. However, if people require a real deep, dark tan than they often apply more than one coat of dark tanning product to the entire body,
- Usually Transform should be applied about 3 days after applying your dark tanner to make your colour last longer (it extends the life of your tan by about 3 or 4 days) You must wash your hands after using Transform as it has tanning ingredients in it.
- Although it is personal reference, we recommend with Xen-Tan, that it be applied without gloves. However Vinyl gloves, give a smooth application, and are great for applying Xen-Tan. Even though the colour is dark on the hands immediately after application it can be washed off without damaging nails or manicure. One minute with warm water and bar soap does the trick.
- Go about your normal activities (don’t do anything that will make you perspire, such as go to the gym, sunbathe or swim) and let XEN-TAN do the work for you.
- In 3-4 hours you will begin to develop a healthy, beautiful, long lasting tan that can last up to 10 days. You can tan before bed if you require, or wait 15 minutes after tanning to dress.
- When you take your first-shower to wash the initial colour-guide off, just wash with water, and only use shower gel or soap in the areas needed. After this initial shower it’s fine to go back to your normal washing routine. However, as we don’t know the ingredients of the body cleansers you use, we do recommend the Xen-Tan Gentle Body Scrub, which won’t break up your colour and in turn make your tan last
a lot longer.
- Xen-Tan self-tanner washes out of most fabrics but we always suggest wearing darker colours whilst your tan is developing. To prolong the life of your tan, Transform should be applied 2-3 days after the application of your dark